The Multisectoral Academic Program to Prevent and Combat Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) is a European Union-funded project that aims to raise awareness, knowledge, and skills of future professionals in contact with possible victims of FGM/C in the European Union.
The project has developed a Multisectoral Academic Training Guide on FGM/C that is available in six languages: English, Catalan, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), and Spanish. The guide covers a wide range of topics, including:
- What is FGM/C?
- The physical and psychological consequences of FGM/C
- The legal and ethical aspects of FGM/C
- How to identify and support victims of FGM/C
The project has also organized four international seminars on FGM/C, bringing together researchers, professionals, and activists from all over the world. The seminars have provided a platform for participants to share knowledge and best practices, and to develop new strategies for preventing and combating FGM/C.
To raise awareness, knowledge, and skills of future professionals in contact with possible victims of FGM/C in the European Union.
- Respect: We respect the rights and dignity of all people.
- Collaboration: We work collaboratively with partners from all sectors to achieve our goals.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all that we do.